Saturday, December 8, 2007

Thing #

I am happy to say that I have done one power point presentation in my class. I did not however write the power point. It was provided with the HOLT materials for the mathematics curriculum. I will create my own slide show soon. I must say it was easy to run with the remote and clicker for the slides. My students appreciated the change and it allowed for a deeper discussion of the functions we were studying. A couple of my colleagues noticed the set up. I have finally got the projector on a cart so that it is easier to see the projection on the screen. They were interested and a little skeptical as to whether it was worth all the set up and tear down time. Like anything, the more you pracitce the less scary it becomes to teach a lesson in this manner.

No comments: