Sunday, December 16, 2007

Thing # 5 RPC

At our meeting on December 12 we looked at the research calculator. Although I have not planned a lesson and directed its use in my classroom I do have a better understanding of it as a powerful tool. Highland Science teacher extrodiniar did an excellent job of showing us how to incorporate this into a project. What a great guiding quest...alternative fuel sources. I want to be like John. I am considering a Geometry Research project where students investigate one aspect of geometry. I could easily work this in for mid Tri2 or Tri 3. The calculator may be more useful from the teachers aspect particularly for shorter projects. Karen and Leslie did a great job of leading us through this extensive tool.
The other item we talked about was the rubistar to generate rubrics. This was cool since I had just created one for a project in my algebra class. Its again one of those sites that one has to use many times before it would become quick and easy.

No comments: