Sunday, December 16, 2007

Geometer sketchpad using projector and Imac

Decemeber 13 and 14 I had two great days. I was able to easily project my introduction to as software package called Geometer sketchpad. Students were able to see the first lesson and design a geometric figure to my specifications using the software. None of this would have been possible had it not been for the projector and Imac that I have been so privileged to use and learn. Both days in the computer lab the students were engaged and working very hard to animate their "Mr. Triangle." On Monday the students will lead the class with short cut methods for proving triangles congruent using the computer and projector in the classroom.

3 comments:

Janet Knoll said...

Once again I say, I want to be in your math class. Animated triangles! It goes to show that using these technologies helps to get the students involved and engaged. -Janet

your Athenaeum Bard said...

I echo the first comment. I wonder if I would have liked math better if this technology and engaging teachers had been available to me?

HPSH WXman's 23 things said...

I'm jealous. Sounds like lots of educational fun.