Friday, May 2, 2008

PostTest complete

I completed my post test with my student groups on May 1,2008. I was only able to schedule 13 Dell Lap Tops because all of our labs are reserved for MCA testing, Administrative events and IB testing. The challenges we encountered were when some of the computers were not working. Since my classes were about 25 to 35 students I thought that I would have half the class complete the test online. Later I would switch during the class period and allow the 2nd half of the class to test. As smooth as that might sound it is difficult to use the laptops when there are so many that do not work well. There were some students that got near to the end of the survey when the computer mysteriously died. Some students voiced disgust feeling they were being required to fill out one more online test. There was some absenteeism this time and with the altering of class schedules some students were tested that may have missed the initial pretest. Some of my students were taking the post test for the 2nd time since they had done it in Mr. LeCompte's Chemistry class on the same day. The students all completed it and we will move on to continue to incorporate Technology literacy in our classes.

No comments: