Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thing#35

When I was driving home from work on Friday I was listening to MPR and they were talking about putting our arms around numbers. The question was posed, " What is a trillion?" I was very interested in their discussion and facts provided that could get kids interested in numbers. In fact they were just talking about children's seemingly natural curiosity of numbers and how just posing a question lead children into asking more questions and seeking more answers. I decided since my Algebra class will begin numbers on Monday that I should check out the MPR site. Well today is Sunday and I did check out the website of NPR. There is a neat video on Ira Flatow's Science Friday web page called the Power of 10. I plan to show it on Monday to my classes and use a Nickelodeon quiz along with it. I should get some of the students interested exponential in a little different way than just presenting notes. Wish me Luck.

No comments: