Monday, October 8, 2007

planning classroom use of technology

Perhaps I am just complaining, but I find it very difficult to plan and implement the use of my projector in my classroom. For one I need to learn how to do a power point presentation and utilize the slides. The other part is just the set-up and take down time of getting my classroom ready for the technology. I used the on-line book for a classroom exercise and practice for the online resource with the students. Most of the students watched but just afew will use this outside of class. It was slow in the building. what is even more frustrating is the cords and the distances needed to plug in the projector and with the large number of students I was worriied about the stability of it on the overhead. It went okay, but the students commented that it was extremely slow. I would love to be able to show a movie clip, but again the set up and speaker set up is really important planning before the go ahead. I will keep working at this, but the bottom line is that everything takes planning, set-up and implementing time. So long...

No comments: