Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thing9

I know that I have talked about video use in my class in the past. This most recent use was due to a couple of things. First I wanted to get my students to engage in an experiment using bouncy "super" balls to generate a sequence of numbers. And I wanted to include something fun and different. I found a video on balls bouncing we believe the location was San Francisco. With the video was a little audio music to go along for the ride. What was funny is that I introduced so that the music would be background for the students to draw their sketch of their bouncy ball. The students were attentive to the 2.5 minute clip and they were asking if it was real or pretend. The music was soothing and the video was entertaining and educational for creating a visual of a ball bouncing... in fact several balls bouncing. We moved on to the experiment and data collection in a light-hearted manner.

No comments: